Replace Missing Teeth & Restore Your Smile With Dental Implants
Dental implants offer patients a cost effective and lasting solution to repair a smile missing one or more teeth. If you are missing a tooth or teeth due to dental decay, periodontal disease, or trauma, dental implants may be the right option for you.
Dental implants take the place of the natural roots of a tooth to provide a stable base for the placement of a replacement tooth. An implant is surgically placed into the jawbone. Given the time to fully heal, the implant will integrate in the jawbone to create a new base for your replacement tooth option.
Implants can be used to provide additional support to dentures and dental bridges, or can act as a base for the placement of a dental crown. For patients looking to replace a missing tooth, implants offer a great option for replacing the missing tooth while still protecting the neighboring teeth from further damage.
If you're considering dental implants in Woodstock, we invite you to contact our office today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Nguyen and Dr Randy Otteson.
Advantages of Dental Implants
For patients looking to restore their smile back to health by replacing one or more missing teeth, dental implants offer an ideal solution that comes as close as possible to replicating a natural tooth.
In addition to repairing the hole in a patient's smile, dental implants offer a number of advantages that include:
- A healthier looking smile. Implants are designed to look and feel just like natural teeth, allowing them to blend seamlessly into the natural color and complexion of your smile.
- Improved speech. Patients who wear ill-fitting dentures or who deal with a gap in their smiles know firsthand the embarrassment that can come from mumbling or slurring their words. With the placement of a dental implant, you can speak with confidence knowing you won't need to worry about dentures slipping or problems with pronouncing certain words.
- Better comfort. Since a dental implant bonds with the natural structure of the jaw, you won't need to worry about the type of discomfort that can come from wearing dentures that slip and move around in the mouth.
- Eat with easy. Ill-fitting dentures slide about when chewing, often making dinning difficult. The stability and comfort provided by dental implants mean you can enjoy eating your favorite foods without worrying about any discomfort or problems chewing.
- Increase your self-esteem. Often, patients with missing teeth also experience feelings of insecurity regarding the state of their smile. Dental implants can restore your smile back to health, providing you with the confidence needed to excel in your personal and professional lives.
- Better oral health. A gap in your smile will cause neighboring teeth to slowly move to fill the now vacant spot. Given enough time, teeth that surround a gap will start to move out of position, causing additional oral health problems down the road.
- Improved durability. Advances in implant technology have reduced rejection rates to an all-time low. Additionally, implants are now more durable and can function for years. With quality care, implants can last a lifetime.